Keeping pets require a lot of patience, time and effort but the advantage of sharing your home and life is the unconditional love a pet gives if well cared for.
According to http://www.oprah.com, here are 10 reasons pets are good for your children.
- Children who grow up in homes with pets have less risk of developing common allergies and asthma.
- Playing with dogs may help lower blood pressure.
- Children with pets get outside more—to go for walks, run and play—and enjoy all the associated health benefits.
- Pet owners require fewer doctor’s visits.
- Emerging readers often feel more comfortable and confident reading aloud to a pet.
- Nurturing a pet is an acceptable way for children to “parent play”—to practice being caregivers.
- Feeding and caring for a pet encourages childhood responsibility.
- Children with pets display improved impulse control, social skills and self-esteem.
- Sharing the love and care of a family pet forges an additional common bond among siblings.
- Cuddling a pet reduces stress, loneliness and anxiety.
Do you have a pet? Do share your experience.