A lot has been said about Valentine and how it is / should be celebrated.
Do not be surprised, children celebrate valentine at school. They are encouraged to exchange gifts and hang out with a friend they like, not forgetting the influence of peer pressure and the media.
As a parent or guardian, what is your own opinion of valentine? Teach your child the right way to celebrate valentine especially with friends and family.
Here are a few tips to set you on the right track –
- Tell your child the true meaning of valentine.
- Encourage your child to ask questions. Be a true friend and do not judge.
- Engage in acts of charity and teach true love. This would help your child understand that love is not just about material things.
- Make a special meal together.
- Exchange gifts. Note that no gift is too small, it’s the act that matters.
Hope you find these tips useful. Do not forget to share your family valentine experience.